The Status of Women Administrative Advisory Committee (SWADAAC) was formed in Spring 2008 as an outgrowth of the Creating Change Initiative coordinated by former UCOP Associate President Linda Williams and UCSF Center for Gender Equity Director Amy Levine. Their analysis of data gathered from visits to the ten campuses, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), ans the Office of the President led to their recommendation that a Committee on the Status of Women be formed at each campus location.
The charge of the SWADAAC is to examine issues regarding the status of women at UC Davis and UC Davis Health System, analyze existing policies, procedures, and/or programs that affect those issues; advance an agenda to improve the climate and opportunities for women at the University; identify model programs or activities and support implementation; and recommend to the Associate Executive Vice Chancellor changes that will afford women equal and fair access to programs, activities and opportunities for inclusion and advancement.
The appointment of the Status of Women Administrative Advisory Committee demonstrates leadership's commitment to a diverse workforce to support the university's mission of teaching and research. The work of this committee will be especially significent as the role of the Chancellor's office continues to evolve.
- Examine issues regarding the status of UC women staff, students, and faculty
- Analyze existing policies, procedures, and/or programs that affect those issues
- Identify model programs or activities and support campuswide implementation
- Recommend to the Associate Executive Vice Chancellor necessary changes to improve the status of UC women
- Focus on career development, upward mobility opportunities and issues for women at UC Davis and the Health System
- Deals with issues related to the hiring, training, promotion and retention of all University women
- Childcare Center
- Breastfeeding Support
- Staff Employee Mentorship Program
- Women's Health Issues
- Pay Equity
- Gender-related Issues
- Leadership Programs
- Public Safety
For more information, please contact: Chair: Rahim Reed, email@example.com, 530-752-2071