Principles of Community Week, February 29-March 4, 2016
The University of California, Davis is committed to promoting an environment that supports every person in an atmosphere of mutual respect, cooperation, professionalism, and fairness. Realization of this commitment requires awareness and active participation by every member of our community.
We strive to be:
- Service-oriented: We seek to advance the goals of the University through responsive and efficient work practices and communications
- We pursue: Excellence in teaching and learning through contributions from all community members fostering a culture of open exchange
- Open: We believe that the exchange of ideas requires mutual respect and consideration of our differences
- Diverse: We embrace diversity in all its forms and we strive for a community that fosters an open, inclusive and productive environment in an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Just: We support fairness, respect for individual dignity and equitable access to resources, recognition and rewards
- Caring: We practice civic engagement, environmental stewardship, research and teaching that connect theory and practice to learning and doing
- Commemorative: We celebrate the heritage, achievements and diversity of the community and the uniqueness and contributions of the faculty, staff, students and community
The University of California, Davis is committed to establishing and enforcing policies thar promote our principles of community.
Principles of Community Week is held annually during the last week of February. The week’s events highlight “The Principles of Community” in ways that celebrate, educate and affirm the highest ideals of our UC Davis campus community. (see schedule of events)