The Diversity Profiles is designed to establish a campus repository where data on diversity and inclusion for faculty, staff and students can be collected on an annual basis. For the first phase we are collecting a 5 year “snap shot” of data. This will establish a baseline for the Deans and Vice Chancellors of the 22 major academic and administrative units to set meaningful goals for their units. The project goals are:
- Gather auditable diversity and inclusion data into a central campus data repository (Campus Data Warehouse-Budget and Institutional Analysis (BIA)).
- Build a tool that enables senior campus leadership to:
- Access complete, thorough and accurate data related to campus diversity and inclusion;
- Generate status reports for each of the 22 academic and administrative units, as well as a campus-wide Diversity Profiles Accountability Report.
- Enable campus leadership to view trends and measure progress by unit and for the campus as a whole over time.
- Restrict access as needed.
- Provide an accountability framework for evaluating the senior leaders of the 22 major campus units on progress towards achieving diversity and inclusion goals.
- Develop and document the annual reporting processes, including how data will be updated and reports generated.