Career Staff Development Fee Assistance for Career-Related Employee Development Program
Completed applications will be accepted either two months prior to the start of the course (with accompanying registration receipt) and up to two months following the completion of the course (with registration receipt AND transcripts). Please note that ALL awards require transcript documentation as described in detail below.
Send completed applications to»
Career Staff Development Fee Assistance Program
Attn: Tammy McNiff
The Office of Campus Community Relations
University of California ~ Davis
Applications are reviewed by committee. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Tammy McNiff, email@example.com, 530-752-7124.
Conditions of Award
- Employees must be career staff employees with a minimum of one year of service, and must be in good standing (most recent performance evaluation must be satisfactory/meets expectations or higher).
- Training must assist the employee in obtaining his/her career goals at UC Davis; training that is specific to an employee's current position will not be considered for an award under this program.
- Applications may be submitted for enrollment in career-related courses offered by colleges, universities, or other training institutions such as UC Davis Extension.
- Courses offered by outside institutions that duplicate those available through campus Staff Development & Professional Services or UCDHS Training and Development offices or through UC Davis Extension may not be approved.
- Due to budgetary constraints, funds are not available to pay for conferences/professional meetings. Applications for training related to professional continuing education will not be considered.
- Only fully completed and timely applications will be considered - applications must be submitted no more than 2 months following the completion of the training.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. It is the employee's responsibility to retain a copy of the application and supporting documentation.
- Employees funded through this program must submit:
- Proof of payment for program registration at the time the application is submitted
- proof of satisfactory completion (e.g., transcript or official course grade) within two months of the last class day of the course. Failure to provide proof of completion will result in the employee being held financially liable for all funded costs. Send proof to the Office of Campus Community Relations (address, contact information above).
Fee Assistance Award Procedure
- Payment of award will be made upon approval of the application.
- A maximum of $300 per application may be awarded contingent upon approval by the reviewing committee. Up to $600 may be awarded in a fiscal year to cover actual course/registration fees only. No more than $1,500 may be awarded in total.
Additional application forms may be obtained on the web at http://sdps.ucdavis.edu/fee_assistance/career_staff_dev.html. Questions may be directed to Tammy McNiff, (530) 752-2071.
- 3-Page Application for Career Staff Fee Assistance Payment
- Copy of course announcement/description with dates and fees.
- Proof of payment for course (original receipt)