African American Faculty and Staff Association (AAFSA)
All general meetings will be on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from noon to 1:00 PM.
Bring friends and colleagues. Learn about new opportunities. Make new connections.
The purpose of the African American Faculty & Staff Association shall be to maintain an ongoing support group for all UCD African American faculty and staff by:
- Providing a forum for discussion of common concerns
- Working with campus administration to meet affirmative action goals with the areas of recruitment and retention
- Working with various constituent groups on the Davis campus towards common goals
- Encourage membership participation and provide a forum for discussion of common concerns
- Maintain an ongoing support group and keep informed of current issues which affect African American faculty, staff, and students
- Promote awareness through activities and programs designed to educate; and
- Establish and maintain a communication network.
Ex-Officio Chair: Vicki Gomez, email@example.com, (530) 752-2158
Campus and Community Resources
Staff Assembly Education Funding
Black Chamber of Commerce
100 Black Men of Sacramento
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
~ Martin Luther King Jr.