African American Faculty and Staff Association (AAFSA)
All general meetings will be will be held from 12pm to 1pm in the African American and African Studies Conference Room, located on the 2nd floor of Hart Hall.
Bring friends and colleagues. Learn about new opportunities. Make new connections.
- November 20th
- December 18th
- January 15th
- Feb 19th
- March 19th
- April 16th
- May 21st
- June 18th
The purpose of the African American Faculty & Staff Association shall be to maintain an ongoing support group for all UCD African American faculty and staff by:
- Providing a forum for discussion of common concerns
- Working with campus administration to meet affirmative action goals with the areas of recruitment and retention
- Working with various constituent groups on the Davis campus towards common goals
- Encourage membership participation and provide a forum for discussion of common concerns
- Maintain an ongoing support group and keep informed of current issues which affect African American faculty, staff, and students
- Promote awareness through activities and programs designed to educate; and
- Establish and maintain a communication network.
Nieeisa B. Smith, email@example.com
Ex-Officio Chair: Vicki Gomez, firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 752-2158
Campus and Community Resources
Staff Assembly Education Funding
Black Chamber of Commerce
100 Black Men of Sacramento
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
~ Martin Luther King Jr.